Monday, March 29, 2010

VegWeb's Veggie Manchurian


The Veggie Manchurian off VegWeb is fantastic! I had never tried Indian food before going vegan and it's amazing how much more variety I eat now... Food used to be kind of boring until I was forced to think (well cook) outside of the box a bit... Vegan cooks are so creative!

Notes/ Modifications:
- Instead of 1 Tablespoon each of garlic, chili powder, coriander use 1 Teaspoon (I think this was an error). I still use the full tablespoon of garlic.
- I double the recipe for the balls (First 8 ingredients) but leave the sauce amount the same, the first time I made this I remember having way too much extra sauce.
- Corn flour = Corn starch.
- I bake the balls until they look golden brown and use a mini muffin pan to cook them in so they will retain their shape more easily.

How the balls should look when they're done in the oven:

1 comment:

Stella said...

This looks delicious, Amy. I might have to try it!