INGREDIENTS:- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 tsp fennel seed
- Olive oil
- 1/2 of a small red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup cauliflower, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1/2 small white or yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 a block of tofu cut into small cubes (don't bother pressing the water out too much)
- 1/2 a tub of mushrooms, quartered (4 oz total I believe)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp Braggs or soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp thai red curry paste
- Cumin, ground coriander, ground pepper, and sea salt, to taste
- Cilantro, for topping your curry
- Rice for serving
DIRECTIONS:Warning: I am not a professional... I just threw this together and it turned out great! I added kale to this creation but wouldn't really recommend it so I left it out of the ingredient list... Spinach would have been a better addition.
- Have veggies and tofu chopped and ready to go.
- Heat oil in a fry pan, add garlic, ginger, and fennel seed, cook for a minute.
- Add red bell pepper, cauliflower, and onions. Cook until onions are softened.
- Add tofu, mushrooms, coconut milk, Braggs/ soy sauce, brown sugar, and curry paste. Stir around until curry paste has dissolved.
- Add the additional spices to taste and cook until heated through and all veggies are cooked.
- Place curry on top of some rice and garnish with fresh cilantro... Yum :)
Makes: 3 to 4 servings (with rice)
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes