INGREDIENTS:- 1 bunch of asparagus, tough ends snapped off, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 white onion, sliced
- Garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, fresh cracked pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- 12 oz box medium pasta shells
- 10.75 oz can condensed tomato soup + 10.75 oz can worth of water
- 1/2 to 1 cup fried onions
- Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning, to taste
DIRECTIONS:- Prepare asparagus and onions.
- Preheat oven to 400 F and get a big pot of water boiling for the pasta.
- Once pasta water is boiling add pasta and cook until al dente, then drain in a colander (Save the pot).
-Meanwhile, put the asparagus and onions in a large rectangular caserole dish and season generously with garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, fresh cracked pepper, and crushed red pepper. Spray your seasoned veggies with cooking spray and mix the veggies around until everything is evenly coated. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, until asparagus is tender crisp (Save the casserole dish).
- Turn stove down to 350 F.
- Thoroughly mix condensed soup and water in the pot, add cooked pasta and mix until pasta is evenly coated. Add this mixture to the asparagus and onion mixture in the casserole dish and mix thoroughly. Once mixed, cover with fried onions (You can mix the mixture around again if you wish or leave the onions as a topping).
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the tomato soup has thickened a bit.
- Generously season casserole servings with creole.
Makes: 8 Servings
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes