Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Banana Blueberry Ice Cream

INGREDIENTS:
- 13.5 oz can coconut milk*
- 1 cup non dairy vanilla milk
- 2 frozen bananas**
- 2 cups frozen blueberries**
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract


* Get the fattiest coconut milk possible (mine had 14 grams of fat per serving!)
** Bananas and blueberries do not have to be frozen but this will help cut down the ice cream making time.

DIRECTIONS:
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour blended ingredients into your ice cream maker and make according to manufacturers directions.
- My ice cream took 30 minutes to make.

Makes: 4 servings
Preparation time: Less than 5 minutes
Ice cream making time: 20 to 30 minutes.

1 comment:

Stella said...

Wow, vegan ice cream! I never really thought about this, as I've never been an ice cream person even back in my 'eating whatever' days. I like the sound of this though. Plus, I have a couple cans of organic coconut milk in my pantry. Hmm?