1 1/2 cups rice (I use Calrose)
2 cups water
1/4 cup diced green onions
1/4 cup frozen peas
1/4 cup frozen corn
1/2 cup julienned carrots (or frozen would work too)
1.5 cups frozen broccoli florets
Hot chili sauce (Sriracha), to taste (start with 1 tbsp)
Sweet chili sauce, to taste (I use Mae Ploy brand)
2-3 tablespoons Braggs/soy sauce, or to taste
3 tablespoons oil (or enough oil to keep the rice from sticking to the pan)
*I added some white onion and red cabbage this time*
DIRECTIONS:1. Put 1 1/2 cups rice and 2 cups water in a rice cooker and cook (takes about 15 minutes). If you don't have a rice cooker or are using a different kind of rice just follow the directions on the rice package.
2. Let the rice cool completely. I usually cook the rice earlier in the day and eat it for dinner.
3. Scoop rice out of cooker into a large bowl and mix with 2 to 3 tablespoons Braggs or soy sauce to taste, be careful not to add too much!
4. Add the carrots, peas, broccoli florets, and corn to the rice mixture (you can substitute or add different veggies if you wish). Do not add the green onions yet.
5. Heat about 3 tablespoons oil in a large pan or pot and add rice and veggie mixture, cook for about 5 minutes on high heat.
6. Add green onions, hot chili sauce, and sweet chili sauce to taste, cook for another 5 minutes on high heat.
**I like to serve my fried rice topped with sliced avocado and scoop spoonfuls into seasoned roasted dried seaweed slices, but you can just eat the fried rice plain, either way it's delicious, enjoy!**
Preparation time: 5 minutes + rice cooking and cooling time
Cooking time: 10 to 15 minutes
Makes: About 4 big servings