I found this recipe on Bryanna Clark Grogan's blog and it turned out great... My BF loved it! He especially loved the "beefy" flavored Soy Curls... I used the browning broth to brown an extra bag of Soy Curls for later use, and really liked the idea, I will definitely be using that idea again and again.
Notes/ changes I made:- I used a whole 8 oz bag of Soy Curls (instead of 5.3 oz)
- I used 1 tbsp of regular sesame oil and 1 tbsp olive oil (Because I was using more Soy Curls)
- I used mirin instead of dry sherry (Didn't have any)
- I used 1 tbsp minced garlic (Out of a jar)
- I used maybe 1 tsp powdered ginger instead of the 1 tbsp fresh (Didn't have any)
- I used veggie broth instead of "chicken" broth (Laziness)
- I used store bought vegetarian oyster sauce instead of her recipe for it
- I accidentally used 4 tbsp + 1 tsp gravy browner instead of 4 tsp (2 extra tbsp... Because I screwed up!)
- I added about 1/2 lb baby carrots quartered (sliced top to bottom twice), 1/2 a large white onion sliced, and 1/4 cup frozen peas. I added the carrots and onion about half way into browning the "beefy" strips.
- I served mine with white calrose (sticky) rice