Monday, June 28, 2010

Barbecue Tofu, Califlower Poppers, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy


Tonight I felt like mashed potatoes and barbecue tofu. I had a head of cauliflower that needed to be used up as well so I made Cauliflower Poppers.

I used THIS RECIPE I posted on VegWeb awhile ago for the mashed potatoes.

I used THIS GRAVY RECIPE from My Veggie Kitchen. I made my gravy on the stove though instead of using the microwave.


I used my typical technique for the Barbecue Tofu. I pressed the tofu (With my new Tofu Press!), cut the tofu into cubes, put the tofu in gallon-sized ziploc with about 1/4 cup of cornstarch, fried the tofu in some oil until golden, turned off the heat and added about a cup of barbecue sauce and stirred to coat.

***** If you have leftover mashed potatoes that are no longer creamy enough, mix in some vegan mayo and the creaminess shall return!*****

No comments: