These are fantastic tacos, the creamy chiptole sauce is a must so don't skip it.
Ingredients:- 3 Poblano Peppers (The large, mild ones)
- 6 oz package of medium-sized Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 huge White Onion, or 1 & 1/2 medium-sized
- .57 oz package of Taco or Fajita Seasoning
- 3/4 cup of Water
- A few tablespoons of Oil, as needed
- Corn or Flour Tortillas
- A few cups of Romaine Lettuce, shredded
- 1 big Tomato, cut into chunks (Optional)
Creamy Chiptole Sauce:- 1/2 cup Vegan Mayo
- 1 Chipotle Chili, dripping in Adobo Sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon of Non-Dairy Milk
Directions:- Cut up your veggies, into fajita-sized chunks.
- Make your creamy chipotle sauce by blending together the mayo, chipotle in adobo, and non-dairy milk. Add more non-dairy milk if needed to reach your desired consistency.
- Fry up the sliced poblanos and onions in a bit of oil, preferably in a cast iron skillet for a grilled effect. Stir regularly to ensure you don't burn anything, once the onions and poblanos are getting soft, add the portobellos, water, and taco/fajita seasoning.
- Stir constantly until everything is evenly coated, liquid is absorbed, and portobellos are cooked (not mushy).
Pictured is only a half a batch, my cast iron skillet isn't that big.
- Quickly prepare your corn or flour tortillas, then add the veggie mixture, lettuce, tomatoes, and creamy chipotle sauce. Do not skip the creamy chipotle sauce or you will be sorry!
So good as a burrito too!