Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Quick Dinner & Strawberry "Ice Cream"


Last night, I ate mainly leftovers... Seitan and Broccoli paired with some leftover fried rice.

I also had half a bag of cabbage and carrot coleslaw mix (About 5 cups) and a big zucchini (Cut into small pieces) that needed to be used up. I decided to make a quick Asian-style veggie stirfry by adding:

- 1 T Sesame oil
- 1 T Red Chili Flakes
- 1 T jarred Garlic
- 2 T Braggs
- 2 T Mirin
- 4 T Green Onions

Dinner was cooked up (And nuked up) in about 5 minutes!


For dessert I had some Strawberry Ice Cream and it was sooooooo good! The recipe I got off VegWeb always seemed sketchy to me because of the oil but it turned out excellent! The recipe is for Vanilla Ice Cream but I wanted Strawberry.

I doubled the recipe, added 2 handfuls of frozen strawberries, used canola oil (For the Slald Oil), raw sugar (For the fructose), 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract (Didn't specify), and used vanilla almond milk (Instead of plain soy milk). It took about 20 minutes in my ice cream maker. Don't forget, I doubled the recipe!

2 comments:

Stella said...

Hey Amy, that ice cream looks stellar! I'm going to have to check out that recipe-oil does seem weird but it looks really good...
Hope you're doing well-have a relaxing weekend, Amy!
Stella

amymylove said...

Thank you for your usual kind words Stella! Hope you have a great weekend too!

And if you think about it, I used to use high fat coconut milk to make ice cream so it really isn't much of a difference, fat-wise.