Friday, June 11, 2010

VegWeb's Cheesy Bean and Cheese Enchiladas


Gosh, I have no idea why I waited so long to try THIS RECIPE! It's fantastic and I really didn't change much.

I just added 2 tablespoons white miso to the "Cheese" Sauce (I swear this gives the sauce an even "cheesier" flavor), used white beans instead of white kidney beans, and sprinkled some green onions on top before baking. I served them up with a dollop of Vegan Sour Cream.

 

And, USE FLOUR TORTILLAS!!! I had only 7 flour tortillas. The recipe needs 10 tortillas, which I'm assuming mean flour because of how much filling there was. I decided to make a small caserrole using some corn tortillas, topped with Daiya Vegan Cheese, since I still had quite a bit of filling to use up due to my lack of flour tortillas.


The casserole was good, the enchiladas were out of this world! I even gave some leftovers (Of the enchiladas of course) to a non-vegan coworker, who raved about how amazing they were!

No comments: