Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Breakfast Style Tostadas


I had some leftovers to use up from earlier this week and decided to use these leftovers as toppings for my Breakfast Style Tostadas.

My leftovers included some Tofu Scramble. I strongly recommend only making 1/4 the amount of cheez sauce for this recipe and adding 1/2 tablespoon white miso paste to the sauce (It gives it a cheezy flavor don't ask me how or why). I also added a bit of black salt  to the tofu to give it an "eggy" smell and taste.


 I also had some leftover Soyrizo sauteed with some veggies (Onions, bell peppers, and potatoes) to use as a tostada topping.


Ingredients:
Tofu Scramble and/or Soyrizo leftovers
Rice Vegan American Flavored Cheese Slices
Guacamole (Mashed Avocado + Salt + Lime Juice)
Diced Tomatoes
Thinly sliced Romaine Lettuce
Ketchup or Hot Sauce for drizzling
Whatever else your little heart desires!

Directions:
- Microwave about 1/2 cup of leftovers for each tostada shell.
- Placed 1/2 cup of leftovers on top of each tostada shell, add the vegan cheese slice and microwave for 30 seconds more.
- Top heated leftovers + vegan cheese with remaining tostada toppings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi - what type of Soyrizo do you use? I bought one kind (I cannot remember the name) and found it to be extremely greasy, to the point where I wouldn't buy it again. I'd be willing to try a new brand though. Thank you!

amymylove said...

I used El Burrito Soyrizo this time. Here is the link: http://www.elburrito.com/soyrizo.html

Trader Joe's also carries their own brand of Soyrizo and it's only $1.99!