Monday, June 21, 2010

Vegan in Vegas!

Wow, so my first time being vegan in Las Vegas was way easier than I others have led me to believe. I stayed at the Monte Carlo to celebrate my 26th birthday with my vegetarian boyfriend, Erik.

HERE is a really good link that helped me out tremendously! Yes, on occasion I settled for something less than spectacular but I really didn't feel like I missed out on anything. Here are a few ideas for your next trip (I obviously snacked as well but these were actual meals):

Thursday, June 17th:

-On the way to Vegas I stopped at Taco Bell and enjoyed a Bean & Cheese Burrito (Minus the Cheese of course) and grabbed a bag of Baked Lays to snack on.

- That night, I ordered the Rubio's Gourmet Grilled Portobello and Poblano Tacos from the food court at the Monte Carlo Hotel (Sans the Toasted Cheeses and Creamy Chipotle Picante Sauce). I also scooped up tons of their free Green Salsa to accommodate the pile of Tortilla Chips that came with my meal. I also used the Green Salsa as an additional topping for my amazing tacos. Rubio's gave me Pinto Beans on the side, which the claimed were vegetarian (Pinto's are always sketchy to me), but next time I will opt for a side of Black Beans minus the Cheese they pollute their beans with by sprinkling it on top... I picked the unnecessary Cheese off my Pinto Beans (Yes lame, but I was hungry and had already gone back to my room).


Friday, June 18th:

- Dinner was Papa John's. They deliver to Vegas hotels until 1 AM! I got a Large, Original Crust Pizza, loaded with Pineapples, Olives, and Jalapenos. We just about finished it!

  
Saturday, June 19th:

- Late lunch was at Komol Restaurant (Thai food). THIS RESTAURANT IS AMAZING!!! Huge vegan menu, awesome atmosphere, and sinfully delicious food that is actually spicy when you ask for it that way. I will go back for sure, especially since I will be fantasizing about the Sweet and Sour Gluten (Chinese Style) until then.

Sweet and Sour Gluten (Chinese Style)

Hot and Spicy Vegetables with Tofu
 

 Spicy Ground Gluten Noodle


- Late dinner was another trip to the Monet Carlo food court. I had a 6-inch Veggie Delight from Subway on Italian Bread (Vegan for sure), topped with Mustard, Sweet Onion Sauce, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Red Onions, Olives, Banana Peppers, and Green Bell Peppers.


- I also got side of Mixed Vegetables from Sbarro, that I generously seasoned with 2 small packets of both salt and pepper. The guy working there said the veggies were only seaoned with garlic and olive oil. I was hesitant, but after eating a bite I didn't taste anything odd, so I believe these veggies are vegan.


Sunday, June 20th:

We stopped by Ronald's Donuts which offer mainly vegan donuts! They were fantastic in so many ways (Though I must admit I haven't eaten a donut in probably 2 years). The Chocolate Bar filled with Vanilla Soy Cream was TO DIE FOR!

Chocolate Bar filled with Vanilla Soy Cream
 
Glazed

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's wonderful! Happy birthday to you! I'm heading for Vegas this weekend for a far less pleasant reason, so your link will be very helpful.