This dish is super easy-peasy... Made it in like 15 minutes.
Ingredients:- 3 cups Seitan, cut into chunks (Store bought or My Go-To Recipe)
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 4 big handfuls fresh broccoli florets
- Half a container (4 oz.) of Mushrooms, halved or quartered depending on size
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Oil for frying
- 1/2 cup Trader Joe's Soyaki Teriyaki Sauce or Soy Vay Veri Veri Teryaki Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon Water
Directions:- Place seitan chunks in a gallon-sized ziploc bag. Add the 1/4 cup of cornstarch, close the bag, and shake for a minute until seitan chunks are more evenly coated.
- Add about a tablespoon of oil to a large heated fry-pan or wok. Add coated seitan and fry up till the seitan turns golden.
- Meanwhile, mix together the 1 tablespoon of both cornstarch and water and add it to the 1/2 cup of teryaki sauce and mix it up.
- Add broccoli to the pan with a bit more oil if needed. Once the broccoli is bright green and beginning to de-crisp add the sauce and mushrooms.
- Cook a few more minutes or until the mushrooms are cooked to your liking. The sauce will thicken really fast because of the added cornstarch so that will be the least of your concerns.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with rice.