So I got home from Vegas around 7 PM with nothing in the fridge except a few Seitan "Steaks", some onions, bell peppers, and a half used bottle of Lawry's Szechuan Marinade. I also had a few other random side dishes: Vegetarian Baked Beans topped with green onions and Easy Elotes (Canned corn that has been heated + vegan mayo + pico de gallo seasoning)
I made a stirfry of course!
Ingredients:- 3 cups worth of Seitan, thinly sliced or cut into small chunks
- 1/2 cup Cornstarch
- A few tablespoons of Oil for frying
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 a White Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 8 oz can of Sliced Water Chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup Green Onions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 to 1 cup Lawry's Szechuan Marinade
Directions:- Put seitan in a gallon-sized ziploc with the cornstarch and shake until the seitan is evenly coated.
- Fry seitan in a tablespoon of oil until golden (no cornstarch showing), then add the bell pepper, white onion, and water chestnuts. dd more oil if needed.
- Once the veggies start to turn translucent, add green onions and the Szechuan Marinade. Stir around until everything is evenly coated.
Trader Joe's Vegan Ice Cream, 2 more flavors: Chocolate and Chocolate Chip Cherry.
I bought these today at TJ's. The Chocolate was good but not as great as the other flavors. I tried the Chocolate Chip Cherry at my Dad's and it was just as yummy as I remembered!