Monday, September 19, 2011

The Post-A-Thon... Massive Unload Part 7

Convenience Food:

As a vegan, I rely on my fair share of convenience foods, though I much prefer to cook a yummy meal or eat the typical leftovers my yummy homemade meals provide... Sometimes though, I just want to shove food in my fat little face with little effort and I recently hit up the 99 cents store and found an abundance of cheapy items! If I wasn't at work I would have picked up more veggies and cold stuffs!


I love me some Nissin Oriental Ramen, with about a tablespoon of garlic chili paste mixed in, as well as a cilantro garnish if I have it on hand.


I also love bagels, especially before bed (Bad I know) to settle my little tummy, typically slathered with some Tofutti Vegan Cream Cheese. <3 I just stumbled upon these Pumpkin Spice Bagels at Walmart today on my lunch break... Yummm


Gardein Crispy Tenders are the bomb peoples! Especially if you can steel some McDonald's barbecue sauce from your unsuspecting chicken nugget loving brothers. Ha!


I also love making french bread style vegan pizzas! Heat the oven to 400F pile with pasta sauce and your favorite veggies and sprinkle a little Daiya vegan "Mozzarella" and bake for about 10 minutes and you got some bomb pizza, especially if you have some Vegan Ranch for dipping purposes!


I also cannot live without Tofurkey Deli Slices! My current favorite is Hickory but Peppered is also legit... Look at this yummy sammie: Hickory Tofurkey, Vegenaise, avocado, tomatoes, romaine, spicy mustard... I think I'm in heaven <3 Especially with a little Sriracha squirted on every bite!


These Fudge Sticks are divine! Mind you, I am more lenient on iffy ingredients than a "Level 5 Vegan" unless I am told straight out that the company confirmed such things as "Monoglycerides" are animal sourced. These look vegan enough for me for the time being.

Lastly, some of my spread from the 99 cent store... Good finds include jarred pimentos, pasta, ramen (Which the packet ones are gross so far), spicy ramen noodle cups, onion dip mix...


Also, I grabbed a few produce items that I knew wouldn't take up much room in the work fridge, baby carrots and this big head of broccoflower!!!

I spent under $5!!! And I plan on going early this weekend to check out the produce at the 99 cent store closer to my house! They also have cheap bread! Squeeee :)

Peace, Love, Vegan <3

5 comments:

Vegan In The VI said...

We have a chain called 'Big Lots'. Not 99 cents, but it's awesome to stumble upon vegan treasures there.

Keebler Fudge Stripes are vegan?!!!! This is a major news flash to me.

amymylove said...

"fudge sticks" sweet thang <3 i read the box like 5 times... see, vegan to me :)

Jess said...

I saw those bagels around, but didn't buy them until I saw your review for them. Bought some today. Soooo good.

Vegan In The VI said...

Woops! Fudge STICKS!!!!

amymylove said...

yay jess! they are good :) i like seasonal items!