Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Post-A-Thon... Massive Unload Part 3

VegWeb Recipe Pics and Reviews:

The first day I was vegan, I googled "Vegan Recipes" and found VegWeb, and all I can say is, "Thank God for VegWeb!" I was a pretty new cook in general before I went vegan and I can tell you that making vegan food never crossed my mind...VegWeb can pretty much take the credit for teaching me how to cook not just even vegan, but in general. I have come a long way and have screwed up countless times but screwing up teaches you what NOT to ever do again :)


My favorite recipe on VegWeb so far is Baha Tofu Tacos with Cilantro Coleslaw and my recipe for Vegan Tarter Sauce. The only change I have made is to double the amount of cabbage in the slaw but leave the rest the same.


This is my second favorite recipe on VegWeb, a simplified version of General Tao's Tofu. To simplify this recipe, I don't freeze the tofu, I use ginger garlic paste in place of the minced ginger and garlic, and I omit the sherry. If I have no veggies in my house (THE HORROR) I even admit the green onions and half the sauce which I did above.

I've made this Pumpkin Pie a few times as well (Never made the crust part), it requires at least 15 minutes additional baking time for me if I remember correctly. I dolloped some Cashew Cream on top as well (Modifications include soaking cashews, replacing water with vanilla almond milk and using less of it).


Above is VegWeb's Chipotle Roasted Red Pepper Chowder. This soup will be in the regular rotation once it cools down again. Love it! I can't wait to try it in a bread bowl <3

This is my go to pasta salad recipe, Southern Macaroni Salad (With bowties obviously above), I add the dressing right before serving this because it always soaks into the pasta too much for me (Others on on VegWeb disagree with my thoughts so I'm probably doing something wrong!).


Lastly, what do you do when you want salsa but have no tomatoes and pretty scarce ingredients around? Halve this recipe of  Salsa Delicioso!!!! My modifications were :Used petite diced tomatoes instead of stewed, used garlic powder instead of fresh (Have no idea how much, accidentally dumped more than I meant to cause the cap fell off but still so so good!), fresh jalapeno instead of serrano (2 fatty ones not seeded cause I like spice), and left out the oil cause it just seemed unnecessary, and omitted the cilantro.

Check out VegWeb! It's my home away from home <3

Peace, Love, Vegan <3

2 comments:

Vic Robinson said...

Great om-age to VegWeb. When I went vegan, there was no such site! :( I learned the hard way. ;)

http://haymarket8.blogspot.com

Vegan In The VI said...

Thanks for the recipe recs. Especially the Chowder.