Tuesday, September 27, 2011

More on Convience Food... The Shame


Yep, I whore it out convenience food style sometimes... Here's some more on that! 


I suck at baking, for the record, but premade cake mixes I can do, thankfully. Here I used some premade cake mix and frosting (Seems vegan enough ingredient-wise for me) to make some delicious "Fall Inspired" cupcakes. I did have to leave off the sprinkles that came with the frosting as they are made out of Confectioners Glaze, a fancy word for Bug Secretion :) I subbed the eggs for Ener-G egg replacer eggs and that was my only change! 

I also buy this prepackaged Archer Farms Spinach Dip Mix at Target, good stuff! Just make your dip out of the vegan versions of mayo and sour cream... Awesome with crackers, pita chips, veggies, toasted bread, you name it!


I love pizza! Daiya (Vegan cheese) is growing on me only when it comes to lightly added to pizza. This pizza had green bells, spinach, onions, Daiya, and jalapeno, served up with a slathering of my Vegan Ranch. I bake my pizza at 400F and broil for a little towards the end (Takes less than 10), I always seem to forget about the damn thing and burn it a smidge so watch carefully when broiling!


Lastly, I have a huge package of thin Japanese soup noodles still needing to be using up. These noodles cook in minutes in boiling water. Here I added the cold noodles to garlic, crushed red chilies, SBL (Smart Balance Light), dried parsley, salt and pepper. Easy peasy and pretty good (I added too much crushed red chilies here).  


Peace, Love, Vegan <3

1 comment:

Vegan In The VI said...

I don't know if you're into it, but the 'frosting' for German Chocolate Cake is vegan. I've had a container in my pantry for years. This post must mean its time to crack it open.