So, I made some Coleslaw using THIS recipe I posted awhile ago on VegWeb. I made 1/2 of the recipe and sliced a huge chunk out of my thumb in the process :( Don't bother making leftovers of the coleslaw, it tastes good for a few hours after making it, but not the next day.
I also made some Pan Fried Potatoes... I have been making these for as long as I can remember and I always make lots since I love having leftovers!
Ingredients:6 small/medium Russet Potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
1 Bell Pepper, chopped
1/2 Onion, sliced
Oil for frying
Creole Seasoning, to taste
- Microwave your potato chunks for 10 minutes on a microwave-safe plate
- Add some oil to a hot large pan or wok, add potatoes
- Fry up potatoes until they turn golden on all (well most) sides (flipping around occasionally)
- Add onions and bell pepper. Cook until onion begins to turn translucent.
- Season with a GENEROUS amount of Creole Seasoning.
- Serve with ketchup and maybe some Tofutti "Sour Cream"