Friday, May 28, 2010

Dinner at Dad's

Another Friday and another amazing meal courtesy of my Step Mom. This week we had:

 

Brussels Sprouts Stir Fry: Brussels + Bell Peppers + Onions + Spices
Seasoned Pinto Beans: Pintos + Tomato Sauce + Spices (I know she used a Bay Leaf)
Seasoned White Rice: Rice + Herbs (I know she used Cilantro) & Spices
Salsa Seasoned Tofu: Tofu + Salsa + Spices


She also made her specialty: Vegan Pineapple Upside Down Cake! She added some canned peaches along with the pineapple this time and it turned out great! This cake tastes best slightly warmed. I had mine with a bit if Trader Joe's Mango Vanilla Vegan Ice Cream.


My Step Mom also knows about my love affair with these amazing Sesame Seaweed Rice Balls from Trader Joe's! They have been out of these magical little puffs for months at TJ's and now there back! She of course did the smart thing and scooped up 5 bags (Hey they're only a buck).

No comments: