Most vegan cheeze is disgusting, it smells like vomit and it doesn't melt. Daiya is the closest that any vegan cheeze has come to the real thing. It melts really well! I could never eat it plain though.
Tonight I made myself 2 Easy Peasy Pita Pizzas and served them up with some my Ranch Dressing for dipping.
Ingredients (Feel free to use what toppings you like):- Pita Bread
- Pasta or Pizza sauce
- Tofurkey Italian Sausage, sliced
- Artichoke hearts, sliced
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Daiya Mozzarella Cheese (Comes shredded)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place pita bread on a cookie sheet.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce on the pizza. Add toppings, cheeze goes last (FYI, less is more when it comes to vegan cheeze).
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the Daiya has melted. If you aren't using Daiya, you may need to broil your pizza for a few minutes to get the cheeze to melt.