Monday, September 27, 2010

Viva Vegan's Tofu Chicharrones and Mojo Oven-Roasted Seitan

Viva Vegan's Tofu Chicharrones was alright, nothing amazing as far as the flavor goes. The marinade was pretty basic and consisted of soy sauce, liquid smoke, garlic, red wine vinegar, and agave syrup. I cheated and made this on the Forman so that I didn't have to fry it up in a bunch of oil. Any tofu I cook on the Forman I let cool and firm up a bit before chowing down, it just tastes better that way.
I made Mojo Oven-Roasted Seitan again since I found some oranges growing on some trees near my house along a bike trail. I really like the citrus-y marinade used in this dish, yum!

Lots of leftovers left to eat, hopefully I will get around to cooking more soon :)

2 comments:

Vic Robinson said...

Is the forman grill useful? I have been looking at them but always wondered how useful they would actually be in my vegan kitchen.

amymylove said...

It has been for me just recently since I wanted to get away from frying tofu so much. It is awesome grilled and then chilled to be put in salads... I'm really into Soy Vay Teriyaki Sauce as a marinade, it really makes tofu taste amazing. You could also do veggie burgers and even vegetables on the thing.