Sunday, September 19, 2010

A trip to L.A. to see The Getty and eat at California Vegan

Me and my brother wanted to do something different this weekend and take a trip to L.A. We decided that we wanted to check out The Getty and get a bite to eat at California Vegan.
The Getty was awesome and we only went through one of the many buildings (We will be going back to see more since it's free). There was tons of Renaissance-Age and European artwork (I liked this picture with the cute puppy) and famous photography. We also checked out 2 of the gardens which were amazing but my camera died so no pictures.
There are TONS of vegan restaurants in L.A. so it was a tough choice. I felt like Asian food and California Vegan is a Thai restaurant. Below is my brother siting in the cutesy little restaurant.
I had the Spicy Eggplant with Tofu and asked for it extra spicy and it was not spicy at all so I had to load on the chili paste. The dish had a lot of veggies though, which I love but mostly bell peppers and the tofu wasn't cooked the way I like it, it was just kinda thrown in the dish and left mushy.
 
My brother had the California Chow Mein with Tofu that was again mushy. Overall we both thought the restaurant was just okay, I probably won't bother going back again.


1 comment:

Vic Robinson said...

I have never had those dished at CV but I eat there at least once each time I go. I enjoy it. Mainly a lunch spot. I love the sandwiches! Yum!