I went shopping for clothes today after work so I didn't have much time to whip up a fancy dinner. I knew I had a block of frozen and thawed tofu pressing in my tofu press as well as some brussles sprouts that I had prepped the night before (Nasty outer leaves removed, stem cut, sliced in half lengthwise). I decided I would make some breaded fried tofu tonight since I had some leftover mashed potatoes and gravy from the night before and thought the two would go together nicely.
- 1 block extra firm tofu, pressed and cut into cubes (mine had been frozen and thawed)
- 1 tablespoon Ener-g Egg Replacer mixed with 6 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, more if needed (I used these bread crumbs they're gluten free)
- 1 tablespoon Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning
- Oil for frying, I almost always use olive oil
***I also added a few cups of broccoli florets and seasoned them with some nut yeast, garlic powder, salt, and pepper... probably better without but I have a bunch of broccoli I need to use up***
Directions:- Coat tofu with Ener-g and water mixture and place coated tofu in a big ziploc bag.
- Add bread crumbs and creole and shake the bag until the tofu is battered.
- Heat a big wok with a few tablespoons of oil, add tofu and fry until golden
- These are yummy dipped in barbecue sauce or ketchup
Roasting Veggies. I seasoned these with some minced garlic, creole, and olive oil.