Ingredients:- 2 cups Red Seitan*, cut into chunks
- 1/2 a White Onion, sliced
- 1 huge Jalapeno (Mine amounted to 1/3 cup), de-seeded and minced
- 1 Tomato (Seedy mucous removed, about 1/2 cup total), cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup Black Olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup Beans, I used white beans
- 2-1/2 cups cold leftover Quinoa**
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon or more Cayenne, optional if you want more heat
- 1 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- Juice of 1 Lime, about a tablespoon
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, minced
- Oil for frying
Directions:- Pan fry seitan chunks in a little oil (Add more whenever needed throughout this recipe) until they are browned a bit, not burnt.
- Add onion and jalapeno and cook until onion begins to turn translucent.
- Add tomato, black olives, beans, quinoa, lime and spices, cook until hot.
- Once everything is hot, add cilantro and mix everything a few times and serve.
- Feel free to add any veggies you think would be good in this. I liked this dish topped with avocado slices and some vegan sour cream on the side!
*You don't have to use Viva Vegan's Red Seitan, you could use another seitan recipe or even store bought seitan. The Red Seitan I use is seasoned with Braggs, tomato paste, garlic, cumin, and oregano. So, if you are using plain seitan just flavor it up a bit with, at least, cumin and oregano and you will be fine. You could even add some minced garlic as your frying up the onion and jalapeno.*
**I cooked my quinoa in veggie broth so it was already a bit seasoned**