Friday, August 13, 2010

Vegweb's "They Won't Know It's Vegan Lasagna"


Vegweb's "They Won't Know It's Vegan Lasagna" is fantastic! This was my first time ever making a lasagna (Pathetic I know) and my first time making tofu ricotta, so many firsts tonight!

Changes and suggestions:
- I used an entire package of Tofurkey Italian Sausages (4 links) instead of the "Ground meat" substitute because it was what I had on hand. I sliced the "Sausages" into thin rounds and browned them a bit in some oil beforehand.
- For veggies I used carrots, broccoli florets, button mushrooms, and 1 bunch of fresh spinach (Stems removed). I cut all these veggies into smallish pieces (Except the spinach) and cooked them until tender. The spinach I didn't cook, I just layered it on fresh.
- I only needed like 2 cups of pasta sauce as well... Nowhere close to 2 jars! I did need the 3 cans of tomato sauce though.
- I didn't add the fake cheeze on top because fake cheeze is typically pretty gross.
- I thought the tofu ricotta in this recipe was fantastic without the vegan cream cheese added, once I added the vegan cream cheese the mixture became hard to spread so I just had it in 1 layer, it was still totally tasty though!

1 comment:

Vic Robinson said...

This looks awesome! I have never made lasagna.