Saturday, April 10, 2010

VegWeb's My Husband's Deviled Egg Solution: Potato Angels!


 My Husband's Deviled Egg Solution: Potato Angels! off VegWeb is amazing: Roasted potatoes with a potato-salad-like filing made to resemble deviled eggs... I wish this recipe had been posted before Easter, as I definitely would have brought it over to my Dad's. I served my deviled "eggs" with some cubed, pan-fried tofu, coated with my favorite barbecue sauce and some thinly sliced green onions... My boyfriend LOVED this meal... Score!


Notes/Changes:
- I used 7 white rose potatoes instead of new potatoes as that was all I could find at the local market
- Since the potatoes were much bigger I ended up quadrupling the "egg" filing
- These were best when the potatoes reached room temperature and filled with cold "egg" filing... Leftovers were also good but leave the deviled "eggs" out until they reach room temperature

No comments: