Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Dinner

I had a fantastic Easter this year! My Dad and Step Mom are starting to get into this vegan thing and almost all the dishes were vegan! The vegan items included: Bryanna's Soy and Seitan "Turkey", mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes (coated with "butter" and brown sugar), carrot and onion stir-fry, stuffing, salad with poppy seed dressing, and Pineapple Upside Down Cake for dessert!

This is by far the best holiday meal I have had as a vegan and I love that some members of my family are being so supportive! I hate when all there is for me to eat is basically whatever I cart over and a salad.
Sorry I don't have too many pictures of all the goodies I got to eat. I was halfway through my dinner when I realized I forgot to take pictures!

Bryanna's Soy and Seitan "Turkey" turned out fantastic and I will be using this recipe again for the next holiday get together! I used Method #1, hand kneaded my "turkey" dough, and baked my "turkey" in a 2.5 quart Corningware Casserole dish. The texture was fantastic, it had the exact same texture taste of turkey. My only suggestion for this recipe is reducing the amount of Bryanna's Homemade Vegan "Chicken-Style" Broth Powder used... The flavor was too overpowering on the outside of the "turkey" but the inside tasted much better. Bryanna says to use 1/3 cup broth powder for 2 cups of water, next time I am going to try using only 4 teaspoons of broth powder (The regular amount used when using the broth powder in other recipes).


No comments: