Sunday, April 25, 2010

"Cream Cheese" Wontons


Cream Cheese Wontons were always my favorite thing to get at Pick up Stix and I can still have them, not at Stix of course, but in the privacy of my own home!

I got the idea for this recipe HERE on VegWeb. Instead of using chopped jalapenos, I used thinly sliced green onions this time since I didn't have any jalapenos on hand.

All you will need is:
-Tofutti Cream Cheese (or other vegan cream cheese)
-Wonton wrappers (find in the refridgerated section of an Asian grocery store)
-Diced jalapenos or thinly sliced green onions

Directions:
Preheat deep fryer to 360 F

Set out as many wonton wrappers as you think you will eat.

Place jalapenos or green onions in the center of the wrapper, then place a spoon-full (maybe like 2 teaspoons) worth "cream cheese" on top.

Bring all the wonton edges to the center and press down on the cream cheese, try your best to press together all edges.

Deep fry wontons for about 3 minutes. Take them out when they look golden. Enjoy with some sweet chili sauce. Yum!

No comments: