As far as the soup goes I followed the recipe for the most part but I was in the mood for more of a sweet and sour miso soup with some spice.
These are the changes I made to her basic recipe (Without optional additions):
*I used white miso paste*
- 2 T of vinegar (Instead of 1)
- 4 T Braggs (Instead of 1T tamari)
- I added 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- I added 1 T sesame chili oil
- I also added some Sriracha to my bowl
As far as the Sweet & Sour Seitan goes, here's the recipe:
Ingredients:- 1/2 batch Crock-Pot Seitan (Or about 4 cups of seitan), sliced in strips
- 1 cup sweet and sour sauce of choice (I use La Choy brand)
- 1 T crushed red pepper (Optional)
- 8 oz can water chestnuts, drained
- 8 oz can pineapple chunks, drained and sliced in half
- Oil for frying
- Fry seitan and crushed red pepper in oil until the seitan is browned to your liking, stirring/ flipping occasionally.
- Add sweet and sour sauce, water chestnuts, and pineapple chunks. Stir until the mixture is hot and evenly coated.
- Serve with rice.
*Bell peppers and onions would also be a great addition to this but I was lazy*