Saturday, February 27, 2010

Chickpea (Garbanzo Bean) Salad Sandwiches


Everyone has their own "special" way of making Chickpea Salad Sandwiches, so of course I think my way is the best. I never measure anything, I just do all my favorite ingredients to taste. So here's the deal: I will list the must-haves to make this sandwich awesome and you can adjust it to your liking. So here we go!

INGREDIENTS:
-Mashed chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
-Vegan mayo (Vegenaise)
-Yellow mustard
-Sweet pickle relish
-Celery, finely diced
-Red onion, finely diced
-Green onion, thinly sliced
-Carrot, finely diced
-Fresh cracked pepper
-Celery salt
-Optional: kelp seasoning for "tuna" flavored salad or curry powder for a Middle Eastern style salad

DIRECTIONS:
-I find it easiest to mash the chickpeas with a bean masher at first then get all the chickpeas you missed by mushing them up with a fork.
-Mix all ingredients together and you got yourself an amazing sandwich... My boyfriend eats these right when he gets home from work (sadly at Mc Donald's) everyday, their his favorite, especially the version with curry powder.

Preparation time: About 15 minutes

2 comments:

jayedee said...

i was just sitting here feeling hungry and sorry for myself when i read your post! mixed up a batch of yummy chickpea spread and now i'm happy again!

charlie said...

Oh man, I'm running to the store tomorrow to get all these ingredients. It looks so good!