Thursday, January 24, 2013

I Eat A Lot of Tacos & Stuffed Bell Peppers... Thought You Might Like To Know



Yuppppp, Yuppers, Fo Sho... I eat a shit ton of tacos and stuffed bell peppers and I kinda think you should too... For starters, Vegan With A Vengeance (VWAV for all you trendy as fuck vegans out there) is my go-to for stuffed peppers and holy shit, I just found the recipe with this simple thing called GOOGLING: Black Bean, Mushroom, and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers!!!


So I have made these probably a hundred times and I strongly recommend you make them 100 times too so chop chop, get on that... Sometimes, I swap shit out... For instance, below I subbed Japanese eggplant for the shrooms and pintos for the black beans :)


I also eat a hella lot of tacos... more like veggie fajitas for that matter... portabella, bell pepper, and onion are my favorite and most of that shit you can find at the 99 Cents Only store here in So Cal (SOMETIMES EVEN ORGANIC AND SHIT)... Just slice your veggies, saute in some oil or a little veggie broth (I always use homemade, we will talk homemade broth soon), add some taco seasoning (VEGAN POLICE: WATCH OUT FOR COW SECRETIONS IN STORE BOUGHT TACO MIX) and you have yourself some fajitas. Now heat up some tortillas and top with the fajita veggies and other faves like lettuce, vegan sour cream, homemade guac, etc. (I assume you have made a taco and can figure this out).


Here is my friend Leia's recipe for Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix in case you only have secretion taco mix to choose from :)

6 tsp. Chili Powder
5 tsp. paprika
4 1/2 tsp. cumin
2 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
3 tsp. Onion Powder
1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
1/2 tsp. Salt (optional)

Combine all ingredients together, and mix well. 3 tablespoons mix equal one packet of taco seasoning.

 Peace.Love.Vegan

Amy

No comments: