Sunday, October 10, 2010

Stuffed Peppers (Again... Yes I know!)

Yes my friends, I made stuffed peppers again! This time I used my own recipe since I had some leftovers that needed to be used up. The leftovers were a "Mexican" mushroom stirfry concoction that I made last weekend which consisted of thinly sliced crimini mushrooms, onions, corn, olives, black beans, and a tomato. I added this mixture to some leftover quinoa and used that to stuff the peppers. I boil the peppers first for 5 minutes, then drain, stuff, and bake them at 350F for 20 minutes. Then I topped them with minced cilantro. I thought they were a little bland but good with some salsa and vegan sour cream on top. I think they would have been better if I added some salsa or tomato sauce to the stuffing mixture.
Sorry I haven't been posting as much I just have so many leftovers that I still need to eat... Ethiopian Seitan, Jerk Seitan, 'Cheezy' Potatoes, Tofu Scramble, and now 3 leftover Stuffed Peppers are added to the list!

No comments: