Sunday, December 5, 2010

Weekend Batch Cooking... The Key to Vegan Living

Leftovers are something I consider a necessity, especially as a vegan. There are some nights when I'm just too lazy or busy to cook so leftovers are my best friend... This weekend I made:
Tofu Scramble with carrots, kidney beans, black olives, Viva Vegan's Sofrito, cherry tomatoes, and parsley along with deep fried tempeh "bacon" slathered with cheapy maple syrup :)
Garbanzo Bean Salad Sandwich Spread with minced celery and green onions for the veggies
"Chicken" Fajitas seasoned with taco seasoning and lime, Soy Curls as the meat sub
I also made VegWeb's Tofu Sour Cream, it was alright... Maybe it will taste better tomorrow once it sets a bit more
VegWeb's Minestrone Soup, I leave out the pasta and add extra veggies... SOOOO GOOD!!!

I also made a huge batch of Teriyaki Tofu but I figure you know what it looks like already so I won't bore you with another photo ;)

2 comments:

Vic Robinson said...

Tofu scramble with carrots sounds very fun!

Shaheen said...

I think its great to have some left overs. I often find the working week to busy, so the last thing I want to do sometimes is be in the kitchen, so cooking big pots at the weekend eases the rest of the weeks meal.

All the dishes look wonderful, but the Tofu Scramble has got me most excited. I need to pick up Viva Vegan.