Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Easy Peasy Wet Bean & Rice Burritos

 I love me a wet burrito, especially one filled with leftover homemade Mexican rice and refried beans (Courtesy of my BF's mom). I also have an addiction to onions of any form, so I added a bunch of minced white onion on top of these bad boys.

What you need:
- Flour Tortillas
- Leftover Refried Beans
- Leftover Mexican Rice (Rice a Roni Spanish Rice is vegan I believe if you're lazy)
- Tofutti Vegan Cream Cheese (Optional)
- Red Taco Sauce (La Victoria Red Taco Sauce Medium is my favorite!)
- Minced White Onion (Optional)
- Your favorite toppings (I chose fresh Diced Tomatoes and Creamy Chipotle Sauce)

What you do:
- Prepare your favorite burrito toppings
- Heat flour tortilla/s in the microwave for 30ish seconds
- Put tortilla on a plate and add rice, beans, and vegan cream cheese (These were all leftovers straight from the fridge).
- Fold tortilla up burrito style, with the burrito seam side on the plate (Repeat previous 3 steps if you want 2 burritos at once)
- Top burrito/s with red taco sauce (Spread with a spoon) and then onions.
- Microwave for 2 to 3 minutes
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy! Easy Peasy :)

No comments: