Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"Chicken" Fajitas


Tonight I wanted my dinner and I wanted it quick! I made a bunch of seitan this weekend using recipes from my new Viva Vegan! cookbook so tonight I decided to use half a batch of White Seitan for the "chicken" in my fajitas. I also used some leftover "So Good, So Green Dipping Sauce (Green Aji Sauce)" as a topping.


Ingredients:
- Half a batch of White Seitan or 12 oz store bought "chicken" style seitan, cut into strips
- 1 bell pepper total, I did half a green and half a red, sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 a large white onion, sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped small (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon each: thyme, cumin, garlic powder, cayenne, and oregano
- 1/4 cup water
- Oil for frying
- Corn tortillas
- Favorite fajita toppings, I used shredded romaine, diced tomatoes, and that green sauce!

Directions:
- Get your veggies and seitan prepped and spices out on the counter
- Put some oil in a big fry pan or wok and add your seitan, cook until it begins to turn golden.
- Add your onions, peppers, spices, and water and cook until veggies are cooked to your liking and water has evaporated.
- Turn off heat and add cilantro, mix around a bit so cilantro is evenly distributed.
- Heat up your corn tortillas, add fajita mix, and top with your favorite toppings

 White Seitan


Fajitas

No comments: