Sunday, June 13, 2010

Tomato Bisque from The Conscience Cook by Tal Ronnen

This soup was pretty awesome but it took like 1.5 hours to make so um, ya. That is one of the main reasons I really don't use my cookbooks that much.

The only changes I made: 
- Didn't bother straining everything through a fine mesh sieve because I am lazy and I don't have one.
- Used about a teaspoon of dried thyme instead of fresh because I have no other use for fresh thyme.
- Didn't bother with the fresh parsley garnish because of laziness.

One of the best tomato soups I have made so far but very time consuming.

I would be stoked if he was my cook though... I don't understand why Oprah gave up the vegan thing after her whole "vegan cleanse" and her ranting and raving about how fantastic she felt. But whatever. That's life.

No comments: